ADMISSION INTO PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMME FOR 2009/2010 ACADEMIC SESSION
Bells University of Technology is a private institution established by the Bells Educational Foundation. It was granted operational licence by the Federal Government on 9th June, 2005 and started operating in July 2005. The University is in its fifth Academic Session.
Bells University hereby announces its Pre-degree Programme for the 2009/2010 Academic Session in the following Colleges and Programmes:
A. COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- Applied Mathematics with Statistics
- Industrial Chemistry
- Physics with Electronics
B. COLLEGE OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Food Technology
- Food Technology (Food Science with Business)
- Nutrition and Dietetics
C. COLLEGE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
D. COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- Business Computing & IT
- Finance and Banking
- Human Resources Management
- International Business
- Project Management Technology
- Transport Management & Logistics
E. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical /Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
F. COLLEGE OF ENVIROMENTAL SCIENCES
- Building Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Estate Management
Candidates should possess five (5) O’ level credits in SSCE/ NECO or GCE at one sitting or six (6) credits at two sittings However, Candidates with four (4) credits in relevant subjects may be considered for admission.
DURATION OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme shall be for a period of six (6) months.
REGISTRATION/COMMENCEMENT OF THE PROGRAMME
The programme shall commence on Sunday, 14th February, 2009. All admitted Candidates are expected to complete registration on or before Friday, 26th February, 2009.
CONDITIONS FOR PLACEMENT TO 100 – LEVEL ON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAMME
In order to be admitted into 100-level degree programmes, candidates must:
- pass all the subjects offered in the Pre-Degree Programme at a satisfactory level
- give evidence of registration and sitting for the 2010 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and
- satisfy the minimum requirement of five (5) Credits into any of the University’s Programmes.
The programme is also opened to candidates with deficiencies in the SSCE/ NECO or GCE results which are expected to be passed before admission into 100 level.
The University is fully residential. All candidates admitted into the programme shall be accommodated on campus.
METHOD OF OBTAINING APPLICATION FORM
- Application form is available for download here or can be obtained directly from the University.
- Completed application form can be submitted at the University Registry with evidence of payment of seven thousand five hundred naira (N7, 500) only to any branch of INTERCONTINENTAL BANK PLC (Account No. 0310001000004764).
- Completed application form with evidence of payment can also be mailed to the Registrar, Bells University of Technology, P.M.B. 1015, Ota, Ogun State.